Animed Vitamin E & Selenium With Zinc 2.75lb
An oral feed supplement for horses formulated to supply supplemental Vitamin E and Selenium that may be lacking or in insufficient quantities in the horses normal diet.
Analysis; Each Pound Contains (min):
- Vitamin E 20,000IU, Selenium 45.4mg...0.01%...100ppm
Vitamin E is the most important antioxidant. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, and it protects cell membranes from damage by free radicals. Cell membranes are comprised of lipid molecules. These lipid molecules are very reactive with ROS, making cell membranes highly susceptible to ROS damage.
Vitamin E is essential in your horse's diet:
Selenium with vitamin E will:
- Stop nerve cell damage caused by free radicals, therefore preventing nervous disorders that are caused by nerve damage and degeneration (i.e. Equine Motor Neuron Disease).
- Help in preventing muscle problems in horses (i.e. Tying-up or White Muscle Disease).
- Work by sitting on the surface of cells and scavenging ROS that pass by.
- They also counterbalance each other, so if availability of selenium is low, vitamin E picks up the slack, and vice versa.
- Selenium is also an integral component of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase